CRASH DIETING 101
The ‘Crash Diet’ follows the principle of taking in much lower calories than you burn. The suggested amount is less than 1000 calories a day!
Some promise that it gives you a ‘flat belly’ within a week or two. It is known as one of the most effective ways to lose weight within a short span of time.
It slows down the body’s metabolism which can have a severe impact on the immune system and lead to weight gain in the future. The medium-term effects include the risk of dehydration and cardiac stress.
Crash Diet v/s Traditional Weight Loss Method
- Huge difference between a person’s daily calorie requirement and intake
- Aids quick weight loss, but the results are not long-lasting
- High chance of gaining more weight after being discontinued
- Designed around calories and may lead to nutritional deficiency
Traditional Weight Loss Method
- Traditional Weight Loss Method
- Little difference between a person’s daily calorie requirement and intake
- The results are slower, but long-lasting
- Low chance of putting on weight after being discontinued
- Designed to maintain the balance of nutrients as per the dieter’s lifestyle